Thomson High School Diamond Dogs

Back to Article
Back to Article

Thomson High School Diamond Dogs

Baseball season is quickly approaching and with a new team with lots of new faces and fresh talent they expect nothing but the best. Today we spoke with Chase Smith, All-Region pitcher, three year starter for the Thomson High School baseball team. We asked Chase how far he thinks his team will go this year. His response was “We have big shoes to fill a couple good freshman to help out and we have to build a bond because we are a new team. This year we will be alright because we give tremendous effort and everyone is willing to work towards a common goal which is to win region and eventually win the state championship. We also spoke with senior Joseph Kennedy a first year player. He expects to exceed with the exceptional coaching staff. He told us that his main goal is to win region. Joseph said “We’re going to take it one step at a time and not take too many big steps with a young team and try to come together to win our baseball games.” He also speaks well of his other teammates, with it being his first year he is comfortable with the team who has welcomed him with open arms and ignored the fact that this is his first year. He plans to be the starting first baseman for the upcoming season. Head baseball coach Brad Smith has high expectations for his new team he hopes that they can forget that they are in a rebuilding year losing key players and starters to graduation and some transferring to different schools. He harped on the fact that they have lots of new faces but he still expects nothing but the best from the team. So this year we hope to have a successful baseball team with the dreams of winning the region and a state championship.